Thursday, July 19, 2012

unseasonal

We're having unseasonally warm weather for this time of year
[ someone once wrote " Don't diss the weather, without it we wouldn't have much to talk about]


I'm getting back into the routine of life and work and such, but for some reason my shifts are really messed up this week. I'm only working 3 times this week and last week my brother rolled our car so I have no way of getting around anywhere on my off days. So during the lovely weather I'm stranded at home. 


Currently sitting on my back stoep in a summer dress listening to Switchfoot and drinking tea. 

I'm trying to remember when it was and I think it was 2005 or 06 when Switchfoot came to SA and played an acoustic show at Paul Roos, it was one of my 1st gigs and it was an international band that I really didn't know that well. They are possibly the reason why I love shadows and the stars so much. 


Shadow Proves the Sunshine
 Crooked souls trying to stay up straight
Dry eyes in the pouring rain
The shadow proves the sunshine
shadow proves the sunshine

Two scared little runaways
Hold fast to the break of day light were
The shadow proves the sunshine
The shadow proves the sunshine

Shine on me,
Let my shadows prove the sunshine


Stars
I've been thinking 'bout everyone, everyone you look so lonely

But when I look at the stars,
when I look at the stars,
when I look at the stars I see someone else

When I look at the stars,
the stars, I feel like myself



Well
This was just a post of random thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment