Sunday, September 30, 2012

something, somewhere, sometime.

A song to finish off the month of September. 

Sometimes I feel like an arrow

fighting something, somewhere long ago
Whether it moved or I missed or where I'm bound,
I don't yet know.
If you see me coming,
I'll probably pass you by
on my way to something, somewhere, sometime.

Sometimes I find myself reeling

twisting and rolling 
in a plastic sea. 
There's signs and signals
bidding for attention from me.

So turn on your sleigh

I will turn on mine
and we'll hum and glow
like something, somewhere, sometime.

And if I've wounded you, I'm sorry.

I had good intentions
If I've wounded you
I'm sorry
it happens all the time.

You remind me of a reason

had by someone so many years ago
some words through wise
build highways from coast to coast

but those words fell short

your roads have worn with time
on our way to something somewhere sometime

And if I've wounded you, I'm sorry

I had good intentions
If I wounded you
I'm sorry 
it happens all the time.

Sometimes I feel like an arrow,

fighting something, somewhere long ago

No comments:

Post a Comment